The Archdiocese of Baltimore’s 8th Grade Religion Curriculum focuses on Church history and its fundamental concepts for the Catholic Church.
- Students begin the year with an introduction to human dignity, natural law, and God’s call to live holy lives.
- Students will learn how the Church began and how early Christians were martyrs for their faith.
- Students will learn how the Catholic Church responds through many adversities in the world: Black Death, Reformation, The Enlightenment, Revolutionary War, World Wars, Great Depression, and Vatican II changes.
- Students will learn the hierarchy of the Church: pope, cardinals, bishops, priests and their roles in the Catholic Church.
- Students will be given the 8th grade Archdiocese of Baltimore ACRE Test.